Monday, January 23, 2012

Dishwasher VS Hand Washing


Hello All,
Today, as I sat washing dishes in my bathtub (my house is currently undergoing renovations) I started thinking about the different things I find important now versus six months ago. When I first moved here, I spoke with my *landlord* about installing a dishwasher when we get to the kitchen. The past few homes I’ve lived in have had dishwashers, and the ones that haven’t made me sorely miss the convenience of tossing the dirty sink-full into a machine and letting something else do the work for me.
Don’t get me wrong, dishwashers are a WONDERFUL invention. I thoroughly enjoy NOT having to wash dishes by hand. But let me get back to my story. As I sat washing dishes in the bathtub, I was thinking how much nicer it would be to be staring out my kitchen window (with views of apple trees, and a field that usually occupies cows) while washing them. I didn’t once think about a dishwasher. I realized then that I don’t need a dishwasher, I just wanted one. In my case, dishwashers are nice, but I spend just as much time rinsing all my dishes before loading them up that I’d actually save water by just washing them by hand.
I know that I will be damning myself into an eternity of dish-washing (my husband tends to have a blind spot right where the kitchen sink sits) but I don’t mind. In my case, I will be using less electricity, and water by sucking it up and doing them by hand. Not to mention the cost to actually buy a dishwasher.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Here’s a wonderful article I found this morning. It’s all about simple ways to start making your home healthier and your carbon footprint smaller!!!


Thanks for reading!!! <3
Below are some Pictures of my view out the kitchen window. I took these pictures today (1-23-12) so Imagine what I'll see in the spring and fall :)


No comments:

Post a Comment