Today, I'd like to share my new recycling sorter! There is a story behind it that I feel compelled to tell, so bear with me....
I know that for this recycling adventure I am going to need to sort out the recycling. I'd looked at different sized cans, and stack-able bins and all sorts of options. I finally decided that I wanted most was essentially a laundry cart.
While perusing the internet, I came across a laundry sorter that I really liked with removable bags. There are three versions of this laundry sorter. One version has 3 separate bags, the other has 4 separate bags, and the last has 3 sorting bags, and a bar for hanging clothes. Now, The online prices of these are reasonable, however the website is for a large chain, with a few locations near me. I decide to check it out in person. I had been to a few different stores, only finding the 3- bag, and 3-bag with laundry bar options. I knew already that I wanted the 4 bag sorter- plastic, glass, paper, and cans- and was thrilled when I actually found it in the store. I paid $30 for this sorter, which is a lot for some recycling bins (in my eyes). HOWEVER, now that I'd seen it in person, I realized that this was going to be worth every penny.
The bags are a heavy duty canvas, washable, with an almost plastic-like coating on the inside. The bags remove easily, with nice metal handles, and all four wheels on the cart lock. Also, I plan to use this in my kitchen, under an open section of counter, and the proportions are perfect.....
So I am very excited to be sorting again, especially since our output of trash has been embarrassing lately!
On another note, we have been getting some warm weather lately (in between freak snowstorms) and it has me itching for the REAL spring. I've been trying to come up with fun activities to break up the indoor life we've been living lately. Here are some thoughts:
1. Head to the park! The boy and I spent over an hour last week at the park. The weather was sunny and in the mid 60's. He played, I sat and watched, occasionally snapping a picture, or following him through some very small doorways and cubbyholes. Either way, the park is fun, FREE, and a great way to get your only child to socialize!
2. Nature Hunt. Have your kid(s) look for outdoorsy things to collect. Rocks, acorns, leaves, etc. The hunt will be fun for them, and helps them to be more aware of whats around them. This is also free :)
3. Bird-feeders. Making a bird feeder (with kids or without) is a great way to start thinking of life outside your house, even if it's only a foot outside your door. There are endless ways to re-purpose things into cute bird feeders. This might cost you birdseed, or for a totally free experience you can use stale bread bits, whole grain cereals, dried fruits and nuts, etc.
![]() |
| Cheerios and string... no instructions needed! |
Okay so that was a short list, but as I am VERY excited to share some DIYs for bird feeders, I'll stop here.
Lovely links:
Alright I think I've spent enough time in front of this machine today. Thank you all for your inexplicable interest in my ramblings. Until next time, wishing you all peace and blessings!



No comments:
Post a Comment